Global Mission: Uganda
June 7 - June 28
- This event has passed.
Registration is closed.
Interns participating in the Uganda Mission will have the unique experience of serving on a multi-national team. American and East African interns will join together in training on the biblical view of disability and a theology of suffering through our Beyond Suffering (BYS) curriculum, and in practical application of serving people affected by disability.
Cause 4 Life interns will participate in a 3-day training in Beyond Suffering with locals in Gulu. Sports Outreach International will be our host for the training and will help us in connecting people affected by disability to a local church for community support. At the end of the training, C4L interns and the staff from Sports Outreach will host a formal dinner, honoring those with disabilities in their community, while welcoming them into a local church.
The Cause 4 Life team will then head down to the Kampala School for the Physically Handicapped where they will provide special needs resources for teachers and staff at the school. A VBS will also be run for the kids. Specialized training will be provided where needed.
All interns are granted opportunity to use their gifts and skillsets to serve their team and people affected by disability with whom they come into contact. Whether you’re a special education, therapy, or ministry major or are a person with great organizational skills, come ready to unite as a team to bring hope only God can provide for the marginalized of society.
Cause 4 Life interns will have a special treat of going on an overnight safari on their way back to Kampala! **Safari costs are included in the cost of the internship.
“Joni and Friends was one of the best decisions I ever made! The internship broadened my perspective of the world and taught me how to love those affected by disability.” —Janelle Dowdy, C4L Intern
- Beyond Suffering: Learn about suffering and disability from a biblical and cultural point of view
- An introduction to how biblical, compassionate love leads to hope in Christ for those who suffer
- Home visits providing prayer and encouragement to persons with disabilities in Gulu
- Resource and train staff at Kampala School for the Physically Handicapped in Kampala
- Assist in the education, therapy, recreation and vocational classrooms at KSPH
- Run VBS for special needs kids at KSPH
- Be mentored and challenged to implement disability ministry as part of your life calling
- Be discipled in what it means to be a servant leader
*A limited number of scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for individuals who are in need of financial assistance. College credit may also be available depending on the requirements of your university.
Cause4Life@joniandfriends.org | 818-707-5664