Global Mission: Thailand
June 24 - August 7
Registration is closed.
Interns participating in the Thailand Mission trip will receive training on the biblical view of disability and a theology of suffering through our Beyond Suffering Curriculum (BYS), and participate in practical application in serving people affected by disability.
Interns will be partnering with American missionaries Jasmine and Joey Tell. Interns will learn about their ministry of distributing wheelchairs and be able to participate in minor support roles. Through service in local churches in Chiang Mai, interns will be exposed to needs of people with disabilities in an international context. They will serve at a Joni and Friends International Family Retreat and work with other organizations ministering to children with disabilities. One of these organizations is Kingdom Kids which works in association with the Thai government. Kingdom Kids helps young orphaned and at-risk Thai children, most with developmental problems, to reach their potential by establishing a network of foster homes. The staff of Kingdom Kids trains and mentors Thai caregivers and foster parents and provides an educational program for those children who would not be accepted in the local Thai school.
All interns are granted opportunity to use their gifts and skillsets to serve their team and people affected by disability with whom they come into contact. Whether you’re a special education, therapy, or ministry major or are a person with great organizational skills, come ready to unite as a team to bring hope only God can provide for the marginalized of society.
“I loved being exposed to the wide spectrum of disability ministry opportunities during my internship in Thailand!” —Sara Blomgren, C4L Intern
- Beyond Suffering: Learn about suffering and disability from a biblical and cultural point of view
- Orientation of Joni and Friends ministry
- Receive mentoring which will allow you to use your education and skillsets in the field of disability
- Work alongside missionaries to care for and improve the lives of people in Thailand
- Serve in churches while getting exposed to needs of people with disabilities in the local community and help them get connected to the local church
- Serve at a Joni and Friends International Family Retreat (July 12th – 16th)
- Serve at Kingdom Kids helping young orphaned and at- risk Thai children
- Work with organizations ministering to children with disabilities
- Be mentored and challenged to implement disability ministry as part of your life calling
- Be discipled in what it means to be a servant leader
*A limited number of scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for individuals who are in need of financial assistance. College credit may also be available depending on the requirements of your university.
Cause4Life@joniandfriends.org | 818-707-5664
Registration is closed.