The Christian Institute on Disability at Joni and Friends is making it easy for you to get the high quality education and training you need in disability ministry.
Working with Canvas, a premier online learning system, Joni and Friends designs courses with highly qualified and experienced subject matter experts to bring you the very best.
An Introduction to Special Needs Children's Ministry
This introduction, designed by professionals in special needs children's ministry and education, will lead you through topics that are essential if we are to include ALL of God's children in the church. It includes:
- A Biblical View of Disability Ministry
- Inclusion Models and Accessibility
- Curriculum Adaptation
- Building Relationships with Families
- Discipleship and the Gospel
- Serving Alongside Friends with Disabilities
This course is the first in the new Joni and Friends Special Needs Children's Ministry Certificate Track to be launched in 2020!
Cost: $75 per person
A Guide to Welcoming and Embracing Special Needs Families
A New Online Course
This course will equip you and your church with practical tools for including people of all abilities into the life and ministry of your church and help people with disabilities find their place in the body of Christ.
- START a Special Needs Ministry
- RECRUIT Passionate Volunteers
- ENGAGE Church Leadership
- ADAPT Curriculum and Teaching Methods
- MANAGE Challenging Behavior
- MODEL Inclusive Ministry
Cost: $75 per person
Coming Soon in 2020!
Practical Application in Special Needs Children's Ministry
This 2nd course in the three-part series will cover the "nuts and bolts" of starting and running a special needs children's ministry. Topics covered will include:
- Approaching Church Leadership
- Getting Started – Launching a ministry that works for your church
- Growing – Ministry Models
- Going Beyond Sunday Morning – Resources for supporting children with special needs more than one day a week
An Introduction to Advocacy and Disability
This introductory course is for anyone who has a disability or is a loved one, caregiver, or healthcare professional advocating for those impacted by disability.
- Speaking the truth in love
- Managing conflict
- Advocacy in different contexts: church, education, healthcare, government