About This Retreat
For more information call 630-573-2900.
Welcome to the second of two Family Retreats held this summer in Michigan. Located on the sandy shores of Lake Michigan, our Maranatha I Family Retreat is held on the campus of the beautiful Maranatha Conference Center. The seaside theme is repeated throughout the campus and virtually all facilities are barrier free – the staff at Maranatha love our families, and you will feel at home and welcomed to this retreat organized by the Joni and Friends/Chicago team.
100 miles west of the capital, Lansing, Michigan / 190 miles east of Chicago
*STMs must arrive one day prior for training.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Queen-size beds in most rooms (linens and towels provided)
- Private bathrooms
- Meals served buffet style, with a separate kids buffet
- 2 Roll-in showers available
- Joni and Friends Gift Shop
- Concession stand open in afternoon/evening
- Morning programming for all ages, including a nursery
- Afternoon family recreation times
- Evening activities for the entire family
- Large outdoor handicap accessible swimming pool with lift
- Lake and beach front
- Hiking trails
- Gymnasium and outdoor sports (tennis, basketball, mini golf, volleyball)
- Zip line and climbing wall
- Talent Show, Western Night, Ice Cream Social
- Horseback riding
- Arts and Crafts
*This event is full but there are still openings for first time attendees. Returning families may apply and will be placed on a waiting list.
For Volunteers (STMs)
Join us as a Short Term Missionary (STM). You’ll be matched with a child or adult with a disability—a perfect fit for both of your personalities and abilities. Your job? To simply be a friend, give the gift of your time and love… to come alongside and make a new beginning possible for you and your new friend!Apply as a Volunteer (STM)