Our team in Wheels for the World isconstantly thinking of ways we can improve on the wheelchairs we take to disabled children overseas. And when they showed me this proto-type of our new pediatric-wheelchair design, I got so excited. It has the ability to recline, as well as to tilt-in-space. It also has the capability of 'growing' with a disabled child – the foot pedals can extend, and the back support can be raised. Oh, what a precious gift this will be to disabled children and their families and desperately poor countries! Our Wheels department is working with prisons where inmates will eventually assemble these special little wheelchairs. So this Christmas, please join Ken and me by giving a gift to our wheelchair outreach; after all, "Whoever is kind to the needy honors God" (Proverbs 14:31).
- Response Provides encouragement, information, and resources to people with disabilities.
- Church Relations Equipping churches for disability ministry.
- International Outreach Heightening disability awareness and training worldwide.
- International Family Retreats Providing Christian retreats in other nations for families affected by disability.
- Total Access International outreach teams that focus on accessibility construction projects.