Jennifer Barrick is one remarkable young woman. In November 2006, her family van was struck by a drunk driver going eighty miles per hour – her mother, father and brother sustained significant injuries, but Jennifer's was the worst: she suffered severe head trauma and fractures to her skull which put her in a five-week long coma. Jennifer surprised everyone when she began coming out of her coma groggily quoting scriptures and praise songs she knew by heart (most people come out of comas with much anger). Right then, everyone knew God's hand was on Jennifer in a special way. This special young woman and her parents came by our International Disability Center on Thursday, February 23 for a visit – her new book, A Miracle for Jen will be released in mid-March, and so I recorded several interviews with Jen for upcoming "Joni and Friends" radio programs! If you'd like to learn more, watch "The Jennifer Barrick Story" on our TV page!
- Response Provides encouragement, information, and resources to people with disabilities.
- Church Relations Equipping churches for disability ministry.
- International Outreach Heightening disability awareness and training worldwide.
- International Family Retreats Providing Christian retreats in other nations for families affected by disability.
- Total Access International outreach teams that focus on accessibility construction projects.