Each time you step out in faith, God uses your obedience and prayers to transform lives, like 7-year-old Maydalis from Cuba. She was born with a disability and is unable to walk. Her parents Yolanda and Anastasio take care of her every need but they don’t have enough money to buy a wheelchair for her. They’re just too expensive and can sometimes cost up to a year’s salary! Maydalis and her parents came to our Wheels for the World outreach, and that day, your faithful prayers yielded fruit. They were shown love and care as our Wheels team brought a brand new pediatric wheelchair for Maydalis. Her parents could scarcely believe what they were seeing. Questions filled their minds… who would love someone they never met? Who would come so far, across barriers and boundaries to give this wheelchair to a poor family like theirs? Their cheeks were wet with tears as they recognized the source of that great love. “You’ve come all the way from the U.S. to show us the love of God,” they told us. The wheelchair you provided for Maydalis restored her dignity and freedom. And your prayers and ministry partnership gave the best gift of all; the Gospel that transforms lives was shared with this family. A local pastor told them, “Joni and Friends wants you to have this Bible. God wants to give your family an abundant life only found in Him.” With thankfulness and humility, Maydalis and her parents all bowed their heads and accepted Christ into their lives that day.
- Cause 4 Life, Global Missions & Internships Internships that provide ministry training with hands-on experience.
- Response Provides encouragement, information, and resources to people with disabilities.
- Church Relations Equipping churches for disability ministry.
- International Outreach Heightening disability awareness and training worldwide.
- International Family Retreats Providing Christian retreats in other nations for families affected by disability.